Traducir esta página a ESPAÑOLAS ~ ~ ~ CLIC ABAJO

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Meet Your Teacher

Hello, I am excited to once again be a part of the Independence Community.  I was born and raised in Independence and enjoyed playing baseball and basketball as a Mustang!  After graduating from Independence High School I attended Kirkwood Community College and the University of Northern Iowa.  I graduated there with a degree in Elementary Education with a Math Minor.  I student taught in Marshalltown in 1999, and they hired me shortly after that to teach 4th grade.  I taught 4th grade and 3rd grade at Rogers Elementary for 14 years, I then transferred to Miller Middle School to teach 7th grade math, as well as an accelerated group learning 8th grade math for the past 3 years.

When I am not at school helping kids I enjoy keeping my two kids busy with activities and fishing as much as I can.  I have loved to fish since I was a young boy, and that love has never left me.  I fish all-year around and enjoy fishing all over the state for various kinds of fish.  When not fishing I enjoy writing articles for newspapers and magazines about the sport of fishing.  I also help others learn about fishing through guide trips and giving seminars throughout the year.

My family is proud to say that we are MUSTANGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment